* Hardware Setup
- Start with unboxing your product.
- After that, plug it to a power outlet.
- You now have to make sure that you insert the cartridge properly.
- In the end, load the ink properly.
Router Configuration for 123.hp.com/oj4650
- There is a small screen on the front panel of your printer. This screen also helps you in managing the alignment of your print.
- The home screen of this panel has the icons for the facility to “Copy”, “Scan” and “Fax”. In the footer of this screen, you can find an icon for wireless connection. You have to press this icon.
- In the next screen that pops up, you will get the information about the status of the network connectivity of your printer. Look at the bottom of this screen, you will find an icon for settings. Click on this icon.
- Thereafter, you will get a screen that has various options. One is “Wireless” that shows the status of your wireless connectivity mode, make sure it is “ON” now. The other is “Wireless Setup Wizard”, press this icon.
- As you press the above icon, your printer will start searching for the wireless networks available. Once the search is over, you will find the list of wireless network connections available. In this list, find your router and press on it to proceed further.
- Now on the next screen, you have to press “OK” that is at the bottom left corner, in order to proceed further.
- After that, you are required to enter the password that you use to connect a device to your router. After entering the password, press “Done”.
- The printer will now take a few minutes to establish a connection with the router.
- Now you will receive the “Connection Successful” screen that affirms your connection.
- You might have noticed all this while that there is a Blue colored small light on the left side of the outer panel of your screen. This light was earlier blinking but now it is static. This light is an indicator of your printer’s connection with your router.
- With this, the Router configuration for 123.hp.com/oj4650 is complete.
Driver Download for 123.hp.com/oj4650
- In your web browser, type “123.hp.com” and press Enter.
- This is the home page for the HP support website. Once the page loads, you will find a search bar that asks for your model number. Here, enter the model number of your HP Printer for 123.hp.com/oj4650.
- Your Model Number is Officejet 4650.
- Start the search by clicking the “Search” icon.
- The next window named “Install Printer Software” has a huge “Download” tab on it. You are supposed to click on this tab.
- The download process will start. Check the progress of it in the footer of your browser window.
Installing the driver for 123.hp.com/oj4650
* For Windows
- Go to the download folder in your web browser.
- After that, find the software here and double click on it.
- When you will double click a “Security Warning” window will appear on your screen.
- Click the “Run” icon on this window.
- Now, a window will pop up your screen, This is the “User Account Control” window. This window asks for your permission to initiate certain changes that are essential for the process. To allow such changes, click on the “Yes” icon.
- After permitting the changes, you are directed to the main screen of the software.
- Click on the “Continue” icon. You will find this icon at the bottom of this screen.
- This will take you to the “Software Selection” window. Here you have to select your preferred software. For this, click on the Customize Software Selection tab.
- Thereafter click on the “Next” button, which is at the bottom of the window.
- If you agree with these terms, tick the Checkboxes given there and after that click the “Continue” icon.
- The actual process of the installation starts now. This might take some time, hold on and allow the process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, you have to click on the “Next” icon that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- The next step in this process is to connect your PC or Laptop to your Officejet 4650.
- The next window that prompts on your PC asks you to specify the mode of connection. Select the mode you will use to connect your PC or Laptop to your HP Printer, here. This type of connection generally has two options i.e., Wireless Connection or the USB Connection mode. For 123.hp.com/setup 4650 you have to opt for the Wireless mode.
- Since your HP Officejet 4650 is Wi-Fi enabled, turn on the Wi-Fi connectivity of both your printer and your PC or Laptop Now, connect your devices.
- After establishing the connection, you will see a window prompting the “Continue” tab. Click on it.
* For Mac
- Open the Downloads folder in your Mac device.
- As soon as the Downloads folder appears, locate the setup file that you have just downloaded.
- After that, double click on this file and it will show a pop-up box that verifies that the software is compatible with installation or not.
- Thereafter, find the “Continue” button and click on it.
- Consequently, you will now be directed to a new window. This window contains all the terms and conditions regarding the End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- Carefully go through them.
- Each document has its own checkbox, in case you agree to that particular term, tick the checkbox against it.
- Thereafter, click on the “Continue” icon.
- The next step in this process is to connect your PC or Laptop to your HP Office jet 4650.
- As a result, you will be prompted to specify the mode of connection in the next window. This type of connection generally has two options i.e., Wireless Connection or the USB Connection mode. For 123.hp.com/oj4650 you have to opt for the Wireless mode.
- OfficeJet 4650 is a Wi-Fi-enabled model. For this connection, turn on the Wi-Fi connectivity of both your printer and your PC or Laptop. Now, connect your devices.
- Now, the actual installation process will start. This again might take some time. It is a suggestion that you must not close the window or turn off your system during this process.
- Finally, to complete the process you need to enter your Mac Credentials. After entering your Username and password correctly, you have to click on the Install Software button.