How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 To Network?
- Before you begin with the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 process, you have to complete the hardware setup. For this, you are required to unbox your printer, remove all the tapes, plug in the power cable and press the power button. Then, add the paper and ink cartridge in the printer.
- After that, you are required to initiate the Network Configuration procedure. Start by tapping the “Wireless” icon from the printer’s control panel.
- Then, press the “Settings” icon which is characterized by a gear shape icon.
- Next, you have to click the Wireless Settings> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, your printer will begin its search for the wireless network.
- Thereafter, you are required to select the “Network” for connecting your printer.
- Further, enter the password for concluding the network configuration process.
- This will the connection process. Once the connection established, you will get a completion message window.
HP Printer Driver Download
- Access a web browser on your computing system.
- Further, you are required to visit the hp printer driver web page. For this, you have to enter “123.hp.com/setup 6978” in the address bar.
- After that, provide your Product model number i.e. 6978 in the required field. Then, select the “HP Officejet Pro 6978”.
- Then, press the “Search” tab.
- In the next window, you have to hit the “Download” tab.
- By doing so, the download process will begin. This might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, you have to wait.
- Once the process gets completed, the setup file will get saved in its default location i.e. Downloads folder.
Install 123.hp.com/setup 6978 Printer Driver
- First and foremost, access the Downloads folder on your computing device.
- Further, search and double-click the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 setup file that you have downloaded.
- Then, a Security Warning pop up box will appear on your screen. This is to ask your permission to allow the application to run on your device. For permitting, tap the “Run” option.
- Next, you will also get a User Account Control pop up box asking you to permit the application to make the changes on your device. In order to permit the application, click the “Yes” button.
- In the initial screen of the installation wizard, HP wants you to complete the hardware setup of your printer. Before you proceed further, make sure you have completed all the instructions given there.
- Then, press the “Continue” tab.
- After that, the Software Selection window will display on your screen. This window will show you the recommended software list. Go through the list. Along with this, you can also make the changes by clicking the “Customize Software Selection” tab. Once you are done, tap the “Next” option.
- Thereafter, you have to read the End User License Agreement, Web Services Enablement, and Internet Connection Usage Settings. Read the complete documents and then accept them by tick marking the checkbox provided at the bottom of the screen. Then, select the “Next” tab.
- Now, the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 software start installing on your system. This might take some time, hence wait for the completion of the process.
- After the successful completion, HP will ask you to choose the preferred method for connecting the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer and your computer. The following are the connections options you will get.
- Wireless Setup: This option requires you to connect your computer system and the printer with the same wireless network.
- Wired Setup: On choosing this option, you have to connect the ethernet cable to the printer and router. After that, with the same network, you have to connect your system also.
- USB: In this option, you have to establish the connection between the printer and system using the USB cable.
- First of all, open the Downloads folder on your Mac device.
- Then, look for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup file and double-click it.
- Now, a User Account Control pop-up will exhibit on your screen. This popup asks you to permit the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 application to make the necessary changes. For granting permission, you have to click the “Yes” option.
- Further, the Agreement and Settings window will appear. You are required to go through the whole document and then accept the terms and conditions mentioned in it by clicking the “Continue” tab.
- Thereafter, HP asks you to prepare your system i.e. completing its hardware setup and connection. If you have not done the hardware set up yet, then follow the instructions displayed on your screen. After that, you have to connect your printer and the computer. For connection, you can either opt for the wireless method where you connect both with the same network. Otherwise, connect the system and printer using the wired method. Here, you have to use the USB cable for the connection.
- After this, click the “Continue” tab to proceed further.
- Now, you will get the list of available printers. Select your printer from the list. After selection, click the “Continue” tab.
- Further, the search for the available software will begin. Select the desired software and then, hit the “Install” tab.
- Then, you have to confirm the installation process, you have to confirm the installation process by entering the Mac Administrator’s login credentials. Carefully enter the username and password in their respective fields. Then, hit the “Install Helper” tab.
- This will begin the software installation process. Hence, wait until the process gets completed.
- After the successful completion of the process, you have to click the “Continue” tab.
- Further, HP will ask you to add your printer to the “Printers and Scanners” list. In order to do so, you have to press the “Add Device” option. Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the process gets completed, you can also opt for the Print Test. For this, you have to tap the “Scan Test Page” option and follow the instructions appearing on your screen.
- After the completion of the process, click the “Next” tab for concluding the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 process.