* Network Configuration
- Turn on your printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap on the Wireless icon.
- In the next screen, touch the settings icon.
- Now, tap on Wireless Settings.
- Then, select the Wireless Setup Wizard and it will start searching for the wireless routers in range.
- Then, a list of available networks will appear on your screen. Touch the name of your network.
- It will show you a pop-up box asking you to enter your Network Security Key.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and press OK.
- You need to wait until the printer is connected to the network. When the “Connection Successful” screen appears, touch Done.
Download HP Printer Driver
You need to follow the below-given detailed process to download the HP printer driver from 123.hp/setup:
- Open a web browser on your system.
- After that, go to 123.hp/setup by typing in the address bar which is given at the top of your screen.
- It will show you the Software Download window. Select your printer type i.e Envy, Officejet, Laserjet, Deskjet from the upper-panel of the window.
- By doing so, you will see a search bar on your screen. Type your printer model name into the search field and then click on the Search button.
- In the next window, click on the Download tab and it will start downloading the file.
- Once the file is downloaded on your system, it will be saved in the Downloads folder. This concludes the driver download process from 123.hp/setup.
Install HP Printer Driver
* On Windows:
Once you have downloaded the printer driver from 123.hp/setup, you need to follow the below-given steps to install the printer driver on Windows:
- First of all, access the Downloads folder on your windows computer.
- Locate the downloaded file and then double-click on it.
- Security Warning pop-up box will appear on your screen. For installing the printer driver, click on the Run button.
- This will start running the files. Then, the box of User Account Control appears asking for your permission to make necessary changes to your computer. To proceed, click on the Yes button.
- On the main screen of the program, click on the Continue button given there.
- It will show you the Software Selection window. You can select your preferred software by clicking on the Customize Software Selection tab. Then, click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Installation Agreements and Settings window will be shown on your screen. Review all the terms and conditions of the agreements and if you agree with it, select the checkbox given there.
- The software that you have selected in the above step starts installing. Wait for its completion. Once it is done, click on the Next button given there.
- Connection Options window will display on your screen. Select the automatic setup option. For that, your printer must be connected to the same network as your printer.
- But if you have selected the Manual Setup, it will show you two options- Wired or Wireless Connection method. Select your preferred option and then move forward to the next step. For wired connection, you need to attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- Now, it will begin searching for your printer. After your printer is detected, select your printer from the list. Then, click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Next, your printer driver will start installing. Do not close the window or turn off your system in between the installation process.
- Once the software is installed, it will show you the Installation Successful window. Click on the Finish button which is given at the bottom of the window. Hence, this completes the procedure of your driver installation on windows for 123.hp/setup.
* On Mac:
For 123.hp/ setup, you need to follow the below-given instructions for driver installation on Mac:
- First of all, open the Finder application on your Mac.
- Then, open the Downloads folder which is located at the left-side corner of the window.
- Next, search for the .dmg setup file of 123.hp/setup and then double-click on it.
- It will show you a pop-up box to verify that your software can be installed or not. Click on the Continue button.
- On the main screen of the program, click on the Continue button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- It will take you to the “Installation Agreements and Settings” window. Read the End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- It is necessary to accept all the terms of HP for driver installation. So if you agree with the terms, select the given checkbox and then click on the Continue button. It is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- In the next window, connect the printer to your Mac either by wireless or wired connection method. Connect a USB cable from your printer to the computer if you have selected the wired connection method.
- Now, the program will start searching for your printer. After your printer is found, select your printer model by checking its model number. Then, click on the continue button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Software and Driver installation window will appear on your screen. To install the recommended software and drivers, click on the Install button which is given at the bottom of the window. By doing so, it will start installing your printer driver.
- While installing the software, you will see a pop-up box on your screen. It will ask you to provide your Mac credentials. Enter your Mac Username and Password and then click on the Install Software button.
- It will take you to the Add Printer window. It will show you a list of printers, select your printer from the list and then click on the Add button.
- The print Test window will appear on your screen. To perform the test, click on the Print Test Page tab and then follow on-screen instructions to complete the printing process. For printing a page, your printer must be loaded with plain A-4 size paper.
- To avoid printing a page, click on the Skip button given there.
- At last, click on the Finish button given at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
This concludes the printer driver installation process on Mac from 123.hp.com/setup.