HP Printer Software
Procedure To Download HP Printer Driver
Here is the step-by-step procedure to download HP Printer Software. So, follow the steps carefully:
- Start the process by accessing a web browser on your system, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Now, type hp.com in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- It will take you to the homepage of HP. Place your cursor on the Support tab and it will show you a list of options. Select Software and Drivers from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Printer icon.
- Afterwards, type your model name into the search field and then click on the Submit button.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on choose a different OS link and then it will show you a dialog box in order to select your operating system. Make sure that the correct version of your operating system is selected.
- Then, click on the Download tab given next to your product name and it will start downloading your printer driver.
- After the file is successfully downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder. But if you want to save the file in some other folder, you are required to do it manually.
This completed the HP printer software download process.
Install HP Printer Driver
* On Windows:
Follow the given steps to install HP Printer Software on windows:
- First of all, open the Downloads or your preferred folder on your windows computer.
- Now, search for the .exe file of HP printer software and then double-click the file.
- Next, it will show you the Security Warning pop-up box asking you- Do you want to run this file?. To run the files, click on the Run button given in the box.
- In the next pop-up box of User Account Control, click on the Yes button to allow the program for making necessary changes to your computer.
- The main window of the program will be shown on your screen. Click on the Continue button given at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Ensure that your printer is turned on, cartridges are installed and paper is loaded.
- Now, the Software Selection window will appear on your screen. To install the software recommended by HP, click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Also, you can select your preferred software by clicking on the Customize Software Selection tab given there.
- In the next window, carefully review all the terms and conditions of “Installation agreements and Settings”. If you have read and want to accept the agreements, tickmark the checkbox given there. Then, click on the Continue button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Next, the program will start installing your printer driver. After the installation process is completed, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom of the window.
- Now, the Connection Options window will be shown on your screen in which you need to connect your printer with the computer. You can connect either by using a Wireless or Wired Connection Method.
- After that, it will start searching for your printer. Once your printer is found, select your printer by checking its model number and then click on the Continue button.
- Now, the Installation of your printer driver begins. The process may take some time so you need to wait until the installation process gets completed.
- When the screen displays that the installation is successfully done, click on the Finish button.
This finishes the HP Printer Software install process on Windows.
* On Mac:
For HP printer software installation on Mac, go through the below-given steps carefully:
- Firstly, open “Finder” on your Mac.
- From the left side corner of the window, click on the Downloads folder tab.
- Then, double-click the file. It will show you a pop-up box to verify whether the software can be installed or not. You need to click on the Continue button.
- After that, the Installation Agreements window will be shown on your screen. Read the whole information about End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- To continue with the installation process, you need to accept all the terms and conditions of the agreements. So, if you agree, select the given checkbox and then click on the Continue button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now you will be asked to connect your printer to the Mac. For that, you need to choose between the wireless or wired connection method. Once you have selected your desired connection option, click on the Continue button given there.
- The searching process of your printer driver starts. Once your printer is found, select your printer model from the list and then click on the continue button.
- Then, it will show you the Software and Driver installation window. To install recommended HP Printer Software, click on the Install button which is given at the bottom of the window.
- You need to wait until the software is installed. In between the installation process, you will see a pop-up box asking you to enter your Mac credentials. Hence type your Mac username and Password into their respective fields and then click on the Install Software button given in the pop-up box.
- Now, the Add Printer window will display on your screen. You need to select your printer from the list and then click on the Add button. It will add your printer for printing a page.
- Then, the Print Test window will be shown on your screen. Click on the Print Test Page tab to perform a test. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printing process. For printing a page, make sure that your printer must be loaded with plain A-4 size paper. But in case, if you do not want to run the test, click on the Skip button given there.
- Finally, click on the Close button which is given at the bottom of the window. Hence, this completes the HP Printer Software install process on Mac.